wongie's world has moved to http://wongiesworld.tumblr.com/

wongie's world has now moved to http://wongiesworld.tumblr.com/

Thursday, March 22, 2007

check out these preposterous reviews of shooter

personally i hate it when a publicist walks up to me for a quote, these days i try my hardest to not lie (i've learned to joke it off).

but whatever i think of the mark wahlberg action film shooter, i probably wouldn't lie when faced with the chance to get quoted by the films press agents.

here is a collection of one line reviews by some of reviewers in hollywood today.

who are these totally outrageous people?

Shawn Adler / MTV / Reporter
“I loved it. It’s so different than any other action hero I’ve seen. It was great. I’ve been talking about it with my friends all weekend.”

Lynn Barker / Teen Hollywood.com / Writer
“’Rambo for the 21st Century’ or ‘The Thinking Man's Rambo’. As a popcorn actioner, I really enjoyed it. I think Americans especially are ready to kick some government butt so we can root for Mark's character to get even for all of us. Acting was very good and it was very well-paced and shot. I think you have a winner here.”

Carrie Bell / People Magazine / Writer
“I really liked it. It was definitely better then I expected. Mark Wahlberg was great. I was very interesting to learn about snipers.”

Steven Chupnik / Movieweb.com / Writer
“I thought it was awesome!! I loved the gun fights and the action! Ok, so this is the kind of movie I love! And not only that, I know my dad would like it too - and he's 60 years old! Knowing Stephen Hunter from working in Baltimore, I couldn't wait to see how one of his books looked on the big screen. I'll tell you, Mark Wahlberg can play any type of character and nail it perfectly; and then you have Antoine Fuqua's vision coming into play!! Two perfectionists who got it right on!!”

Bob Lee Swagger is one of those characters you can relate to - in one way or another; at one point in your life, you've wanted to seek revenge on someone and he gets to live out that fantasy for you. Plus, the action scenes rock! The supporting cast stepped up as well in this; Danny Glover was down right nasty in this, and completely unexpected!! And then you throw in Ned Beatty, classic!! And Kate Mara is sure making a career for herself. Michael Pena, unfortunately, is the one negative about the movie - hell of a nice guy, just didn't support Mark's character enough for me; but still a good acting job. And one last thought - you know Lorenzo di Boneraventura is not going to make a bad film; whatever he attaches his name to seems to be good. Shooter is kick ass! Awesome action!"

Ben Lyons / E! “The Daily 10” / Host
"The hottest Hollywood has to offer, Kate Mara is a star on the rise. She sizzles in 'Shooter'".

Carol Mar / Made In Hollywood / Producer
“Lots of seat jarring explosive action. Mark Wahlberg was FANTASTIC!”

Mike Richards / Reelz / Writer
“I think Shooter represents the next generation of action movies. Wahlberg is one of the few actors who is completely believable in a military role. The best part of the movie is that you never knew where it was going and the ending was very satisfying.”

Mario Rivas / Entertainment News Service / Writer
“I haven’t seen a great action movie like this in a long time. I really enjoyed it”

George Roush / LatinoReview.com / Writer
“I love action movies where the hero kills 98% of his supporting cast.
Shooter is that movie!”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home